Sunday, September 15, 2013

Played all the songs currently in my sets.

I've had a run through all of the songs on my playlist with RockSmith today, it only took just over an hour and a half of actual playing although in real terms it was pushing three hours.

Deciding what to play

I am putting a spreadsheet together that will help me keep track of which songs need the most practice, and that is one reason I played through all of the songs today.

To work out which songs need practice, I am planning on using a comparison between how long it's been that I last played a song (perhaps 'attempted' might be a better word), the score compared to the qualifier needed, and some other measures that I haven't had time to think through.

This is all in preperation for trying to work out a mobile app/website that will do a similar thing.

Todays song list

Unnatural Selection by Muse. Todays score was 18590. I had three goes at this, and haven't quite got my score back up to my previous best of 25029. I'm looking forward to being able to play this song, but it is going to be quite a while before I get there!

Outshined by Soundgarden. Todays score was 22361. I've improved on my previous high score

Number Thirteen by Red Fang. Todays score was 20609.

Where is My Mind? by Pixies. Todays score was 48142. Lynn was singing along to bits of this. Although bits of this song I'm struggling with, I do quite enjoy playing it at the moment.

Use Somebody by Kings of Leon. Todays score was 14695.  A dreadful attempt, and got leveled down in a couple of places, especially as the best score to date was over 34000!

Slow Hands by Interpol. Todays score was 42257. This is another I am growing to like and also improved on my high score.

Vasoline by Stone Temple Pilots. Todays score was 55595. Another song I improved on, even though it seems like ages since I last played it.

I Can't Hear You by The Dead Weather. Todays score was 29338, improving on my previous best. I do like some of the lyrics to this.

Surf Hell by Little Barrie. Todays score was 24932. I don't know about a surf hell, but I find this quite challanging to play - even though I also improved on my previous best score.

Boys Don't Cry by The Cure. Todays score was 24432. I don't remember this song from the first time it came out, but am starting to enjoy playing it, as long as I keep focussed on where I'm putting my fingers.

Higher Ground by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Todays score was 58560. Another where I'd passed my previous best.

In Bloom by Nirvana. Todays score was 32407. I find the chords on this a bit of a challenge still, and got levelled down I think in parts of the score. I still managed to improve on my previous best though/

California Brain by RapScallions. Todays score was 9196 again I've improved on my previous score. This one is a real challenge for me to play, and it is all around the 12th fret.

Next Girl by The Black Keys. Todays score was 83349. This is a song I do really enjoy listening to, and getting good results with - it's my second highest scoring song.

Go With The Flow by Queens of the Stone Age. Ok, this song is my highest scoring one with a 89836 score. This is probably because there are a lot of notes, and almost constant strumming needed. I'm starting to get some of the (simple) chords used in the song too.

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones. Todays score was 73793.  Not quite as good as my best score of 73793 but reasonably satisfied with it (although I messed up with some of the shifts).

Angela by Jarvis Cocker. Todays score was 76874. Another song where I improved on my high score.

Jules by Seth Chapla. Todays score was 8070. I can manage the lyrics to this song, and it's the second longest that I have to play. I did improve on the last time I played, and I do find this one a challenge.


I'm not including the song table this time, as I have commented on all of the songs plays. I'm looking forward to Jenny O's  Well Ok Honey, as I did enjoy the quirkiness of the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment