Saturday, September 14, 2013

Local Headline Act

Last time I played I unlocked The Local Headline act. I can't see anybody wanting to see me play, although my girlfriend has said that what I'm playing is sounding more like the songs are supposed to. I think that's progress.
I also unlocked two new venues, the 3rd Street Lounge and 363 Brannan.
I'm still targeting the songs for the new playlist, and this is the first time I've had the game on for a couple of weeks. My work schedule is getting in the way of doing anything musical (or much of anything else either for that matter), and my plans for spending a day off with the guitar didn't work at all.
Before I attempt the next challenge, I am aiming to reliably score at least twice the qualification level for each of the songs. I'm hoping that this will gain me at least one encore.

Todays songs

Unnatural Selection by Muse. I really like this song, and do hope at some point I can actually do it justice. I'm not doing as well as best for this song, scoring 20669 the third attempt today.  

Outshined by Soundgarden. Not one of my favourite songs at the moment, so only played it once today. I scored 20840 slightly lower than my highest score.

Number Thirteen by Red Fang. I improved on my previous high score, and hit 20784 points. Still some work to get to the target level I have set myself.

Use Somebody by the Kings of Leon. I'm not doing so well with this one, but there are several chords that I need to get to grips with reliably in order to beat my previous high score of 34757.

Where Is My Mind? by the Pixies. This is an apt song for me, one of my favourite phrases at the moment is "I have a memory like a colander. That's like a sieve, but the holes are much bigger". I'm fairly happy with this attempt, scoring 44665 improving on my previous high score of 38304. 

I also played a couple of other songs, and only stopped when the game stopped responding (although I was playing for over two hours today).

Angela by Jarvis Cocker I scored 67472 and Boys Don't Cry by The Cure scoring 17742. I didn't improve on either song this time, but did enjoy playing them both.

On a non-game playlist, I am starting to try to get my fingers around Love Hurts by REM. There will be a couple of others I am also going to add to my repertoire.  I can do a couple of simple tunes such as Home on the Range, but not quite reliably enough to have anyone really listen to.

I have had an attempt to put the mixing desk between the guitar and the game, without reliable results yet. This is something I intend to persevere with, and when successful might start annoying the world with either an audio only, or an (edited) video of me playing. I can't see many people willingly watching more than a few minutes of this though.

My Songlist to date

The songs I've been playing on the game (in order that I got to play them) are:
SongArtist(s)QualifierBest ScoreLatest Score
(I Can't Get No) SatisfactionThe Rolling Stones7409769924
Next GirlThe Black Keys910079046
AngelaJarvis Cocker7469167472
Higher GroundRed Hot Chili Peppers52573
Go With the FlowQueens of the Stone Age77300
In BloomNirvana32585
California BrainRapScallions9196
VasolineStone Temple Pilots3500061032
Slow HandsInterpol1000035815
I Can't Hear YouThe Dead Weather1879930821
Surf HellLittle Barrie1670029916
Boys Don't CryThe Cure2213317742
Unnatural SelectionMuse137002502920669
OutshinedSoundgarden171002152720840
Number ThirteenRed Fang117001780720784
Use SomebodyKings of Leon219003475720676
Where is My Mind?Pixies293004466544665

The order I will display them may vary, and I am going through my notes seeing if I have all of the qualifier scores just to make the table a little more complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment