Sunday, January 20, 2013

Not according to plan

Life never seems to go according to plan.

I had intended to spend at least half an hour every day using Guitar Smith and trying to improve my playing. You might guess that hasn't happend for the past few days (cough! cough! week).

I started a new job last week, and a combination of being tired and doing the special effects and the musical interlude to the cub's pantomime, I haven't had time. I've barely been on Facebook for the last week. That's not like me.

Oh Yes I did

The Wednesday pantomime I had another non-planned moment. One of the cubs was poorly and was unable to practice a piece that cub was going to sing to, so I stepped in to play Home On The Range on the guitar - not a complicated version. But guess who messed up and had to restart... Yes, me.

On the plus side, I've done my first public performance. Minus, I messed up.  C'est la vie.

What next?  I'm doing an online computer course, and will be trying to make some progress with that today, then more Guitar Smith. Promise.

Next weekend, I'm planning on getting the mixing desk out and having a go at a duet with the girlfriend using some simple pieces (they almost have to be for me to be able to play and sing along).

I have done a couple of short pieces I intend to put onto Soundcloud at some point in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment