Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Technique Night

I've spent an hour practicing the techniques on Guitar Smith, and have managed to unlock three items.

One thing I remember occasionally annoying me with the game is when it hangs while loading a song or technique to play - this is the first time it's happened since I restarted through.

I have been thinking about how to decide how to choose what to practice, and am thinking of doing something along the lines of focussing on the lowest scores as a way of targeting the ones that need doing most.

Would an app or a website that allowed you to put the scores you earned and giving a targeted list be something useful? That is something I am going to have to have a think about.

You'll notice that I'm fairly inconsistent about how I do formatting and otherwise arrange how I present what I am rambling about.

The Techniques

Bending is dragging the string to change the note being played. To achieve Bronze you need 10000 points, Silver 45000 and Gold 95000 points. I tried this one twice, getting 18628 and 22753 points.

Shifting I earned 70001 and managed to hit the Gold status!

Hammer On/Pull Offs I didn't do as well as last time I tried, only achieving 10891 compared to 17949 I got last time.

The targets for Slides is Bronze 10000, Silver 35000 and Gold 74000 points. I managed 35836 and am fairly pleased with that.

Unlocks

At around the 640818 point I unlocked the Guitarcade game "Big Swing Baseball" and a new venue "The Low Down".
I also unlocked the Super Slider game at 696654.

Next session

I have sorted the songs and techniques into lowest score to highest, and am going to try the Bronze techniques and at least the worst three songs.

The techniques are Hammer On/Pull Offs (currently 17949 points) and Bends (22753 points).

The songs are: In Bloom by Nirvana (18391), Higher Ground by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (54271), Angela by Jarvis Cocker (65060), (I can't get no) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones (67677), Go With The Flow by the Queens of the Stone Age (79374) and Next Girl by The Black Keys (80109).

I need to investigate using the Riff Repeater to help me learn parts of each song to get my standards up. Some of the songs have more than one version, and I may need to put separate listings for each version.


No comments:

Post a Comment