Saturday, July 13, 2013

Decided to restart

After too many months of not really picking up my guitar, I have decided to restart my Rocksmith "career" and to keep a better record of how badly I am playing. The first rating you earn is "Amateur" and that is probably exactly where I will stop.

The first track to play is the Rolling Stones (I can't get no) Satisfaction. Today I've played it through four times, earning enough points to qualify the first play through and up to 21000 points.

I have decided to focus on each song until I can play it to a higher standard than just qualifying, with the aim of playing the majority of each song through unaided. I also intend to keep playing through the songs that I have learned to try and keep them current, so I suspect that my progress might be substantially slower than it was last time I was playing.

For qualifying with Satisfaction, I have unlocked the Shifting technique. This is something I need to look at next time I pick the guitar up, but at the moment I am thinking about heading out to try and enjoy the sun a little later. And I know that probably means that I'll end up in a coffee shop with either a book or the laptop. I'm also planning on heading to the cinema to catch Monsters University with Lynn this evening.

The first set list is going to be Satisfaction and Next Girl by Black Keys.

I am also considering seeing how to hook my mixing desk between the guitar and the PS3, so that I can record what I have been playing to torture and/or give people the opportunity to have a laugh at how I'm doing. That also means I could hook a microphone up and add my singing to the mix too, but I'm not too sure about that (although that also means that Lynn could sing along too).

No comments:

Post a Comment