Monday, October 21, 2013

Introduction to Guitar - week 2

As well as trying to teach myself to play the guitar using Rocksmith, I have also signed up to do a free online course through coursera.org called Introduction To Guitar (you might have to log in first).

This is my second week on the course, and todays lectures included methods of tuning (only important if you want somebody to enjoy what you were playing), names of the strings, basic finger picking and strumming techniques.

I did last weeks assignment the same night, but need some time to think about (and practice) this weeks assignment.

I will need to record and publish on Soundcloud two different audio tracks, one using picking and the other strumming techniques.

As well as this course, I am also starting a programming one tonight so I'm going to focus on getting that started next and work on the playing techniques tomorrow morning and night before playing them.

It is a temptation to include what I'm going to be submitting as my entry for the course too, but I should probably read the rules and regulations before I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment