Wednesday, July 26, 2017

575 An extra hour sneaked in

As the Beaver Scout meetings have shut down for the summer holidays, I decided to abuse the laptop's battery and play a few songs before going to buskers. This update is actually from last night, but I had laptop issues :-S.

I found it interesting that Alan and Dave that run the night (Bluebell Pub in Washington Tuesday evenings 1930 to 2130 approx) understand that I don't want to get up and play until I am confident that I can manage to play songs from start to finish.

So why don't other people that count themselves as friends understand and accept my viewpoint?

One said something along the lines of "you will get up and play Snowflake", which is why I stopped going to that particular buskers.

As well was playing the songs, I also looked at some of the other facilities the Rocksmith 2014 game has.

There are a variety of lessons, today I sampled the Chords 101, where the game shows you how to play Em7, Em, and Emajor chords. After showing you the fingering, it gets you to play the chords in a short song. I managed 100% accuracy, although this was only 23 notes long! I got a "flawless" performance.

I had a go at the Score Attack game for California Dreaming, earning 22901 ponts which put me at #67 in my "local" area. I have no idea how large that area is, but I suspect it reflects the lack of popularity of the song why I was so highly ranked.

There is also a play for x minutes option, I tried this out for 15 minutes and got London's Calling, Stuck On A Wire, Peace of Mind, and Thunderkiss '65 to play. the game then tempted me to play X-Kid again, but I was needing to be away by then.


I have spent 575 hours 2 minutes playing on Guitar and Bass, mainly on the Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 games, in this session I played for 63 minutes.

I am learning 778 song arrangements through the game, with 367 on the bass, 89 on rhythm guitar, and 322 on lead guitar (some I'm learning across multiple systems).

Sadly it has been 205 days since I played all the song arrangements across all three systems I have Rocksmith installed on.

These are the songs I have practiced recently.

Tunings

In E standard American Idiot by Green Day, Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley, R U Mine by Arctic Monkeys, Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones, Drops of Jupiter by Train, Blitzkrieg Bop by Ramones, California Dreaming by The Mamas and the Papas, Losing My Religion by REM, X-Kid by Green Day, Some Nights by FUN., Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie, Stuck On A Wire Out On A Fence by The Dear Hunter, Peace of Mind by Boston, London Calling by The Clash
In Eb Drop D My Own Summer (Shove It) by Deftones

No comments:

Post a Comment