Monday, July 10, 2017

568.4 A Steamy Monday Evening Session

Today's session was a mix between the original Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 games. What I like best about the Steam version is that it synchronises across the various platforms the game is running on. It's a shame that the Playstation 3 was unable to manage this feat.

I'm playing the various training sessions on the original version and am keeping track of what I unlock. At least until I get fed up with the effort of writing them down! I only managed a single encore today.

On Technique I unlocked Double Stop and Palm Mutes. I can now access The Mouse Hole venue. I unlocked an Epiphone 1958 Kerina Flying-V guitar. If only I had an original one for real!

The Cro-Magnon Drive tone was another unlock today. This effect has a Distortion pedal on the distort path, an EQ6 in the filter chain driving a DC58 amp feeding a DC58 2x12 cabinet. That combination is probably a little too much for practicing in the bedroom late at night.

I have spent 568 hours 25 minutes playing on Guitar and Bass, mainly on the Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 games, in this session I played for 34 minutes.

I am learning 778 song arrangements through the game, with 368 on the bass, 89 on rhythm guitar, and 321 on lead guitar (some I'm learning across multiple systems).

Sadly it has been 190 days since I played all the song arrangements across all three systems I have Rocksmith installed on.

These are the songs I have practiced recently.

Tunings

In E standard American Idiot by Green Day, Go With the Flow by Queens of the Stone Age, Higher Ground by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Onions by Brock T & The M.G.s, Somebody To Love by Jefferson Airplane, California Dreaming by The Mamas and the Papas, and Oh Love by Green Day.
In Drop D Ricochet by Brian Adam McCune.

No comments:

Post a Comment