Thursday, May 4, 2017

Trying Yousician

First real try at using the Yousician application, mainly because due to technical difficulties I can't use the Rocksmith games at home at the moment (a broken tv and software problems with my laptop).

It has a different interface to the two Rocksmith games, and has a bouncing ball showing you when you should be playing a note.

Thankfully my USB lead for Rocksmith works for the app (and so I believe would most guitar usb adaptors), so I didn't need to set up an amplifier and annoy the family and neighbours with my playing.

I set up as a novice (which is how I still class myself on the guitar), and found the initial sections reasonably easy.

The application takes you through some introductory lessons on how to hold the guitar, how to use the pick, and how to use one finger per fret.

After the introductory session is completed, there are three branches that you can follow: Lead, Theory, and Rhythm.

Today I completed 60 stars worth of challenges, and started the first session of the Lead Guitar track.

I don't know exactly how long the songs were, so I assigned 30 seconds to each, in this session I played for 2 minutes.

In E standard Love on the Rocks, First Light, Set Me Free, Live Wire, and Birds of Steel. I don't know the artists yet, so am leaving those out for now.

Whether I continue using the app (which is available on my phone, tablet, and laptop) I can't say. I'll give it a try though.

No comments:

Post a Comment